Welcome To All Our Favorite Holidays

You Have come to the right place to read great stories and see terrific video of all your favorite holidays!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthdays Count as Holidays Especially On a Monday

What do you give a man that has everything for his birthday?

If I had everything I certainly would tell you but on Monday September 19, 2011 I did feel I had everything I wanted and it did not take that much to please me.
I never realized how much I enjoyed doing special activities with my kids until they grew up. Somehow being a grandparent I found is a gift all in itself. I have discovered that while I was raising my children the many distractions I had making sure my children got what they needed let alone what they wanted. I am sure there are many working Moms or Dads out there that share my thoughts. I worked seasonal work while my kids grew up and I had to hear time after time how much fun my kids had with wife and my in-laws while I was out making a living. I am truly grateful to my in-laws for how they helped me, but there was nothing to stop me from feeling left out. It was not until I was declared legally blind I began to slow down and spend more quality time with my family. As time goes on I like to remind our readers that Holiday Specialties is about quality time with your family as well as your spouse who should be your best friends and yes, your friends too. I have true respect for hard working people and I like sharing my memories which may spark ideas to make sharing time with those you care about the quality time you are looking for in your relationships.
Come see how it was done in the late 1800's through the early 1900's!






Kids young and old are fascinated by trains! Trains were without a doubt, the first mode of transportation to move masses of people as well as freight all at one time from city to city as well as across the nation. It is no wonder so many have found a passion in trains. I still wonder as I go downtown and see all the commuter trains and how they run under all the streets and the buildings the planning and engineering that made it all possible. The biggest miracle is this was all designed at the turn of the last century without the help of computers. Sure the sparkling commuter trains of today are stylish and sleek but I am sorry they just do not have the history and the charm of yesteryear.  I enjoyed riding the old Penn Central Commuter Trains that were designed in the 1920’s with the ceiling fans and the incandescent lighting when I would commute to school when I was a kid. When the operator started acceleration the train the fans slowed and the lights dimmed with the amps going loudly through the big electric motors as the train left a station. Then as the trains came into the train station could be heard all over town with the squealing and the smoke coming off the cooling brakes. How inefficient! Oh well! That was then and this is now and I really do like the climate control they have on commuter trains these days while the quiet ride helps also. Comfort before nostalgia they always say! Or, do they?

The Strasburg Railroad along with the Pennsylvania State Railroad Museum covers the Charm as well as the evolution of commuter trains and freight locomotive history. Again this could be a great weekend trip for the railroad enthusiast with other activities to interest Mom and Sis too. There is so much to see and do as you experience the customs of the Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Make the kids happy with a stay at the Little Red Caboose Hotel as well as many other comfortable Strasburg Area Hotels for getaways or after the long trip to Strasburg.


Last weekend will closed a Day Out With Thomas the Tank but Thomas will be returning in November followed by Santa’s Paradise Express on the Strasburg Rail Road after Thanksgiving. After New Year’s Day the Railroad takes Month off then returns in February to get everyone ready for spring and another year of the Strasburg Railroad.

Visit the Strasburg Railroad where birthday wishes come true for kids them and yes, me too.




To go to the Strastburg Railroad Website Click Here!

To go to the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum Website Click Here!

For the Little Red Caboose Hotel Website Click Here!

Make Your Hotel Reservations, Compare and Save on the Sidebar of this Site!

We want to hear from you and your fondest memories and tell the world of your favorite places and activities as a guest writer. This way we can post it and offer free advertising to many family businesses or events Foundations and Charities. For more information e-mail me @ blaine@scottysspecialtyshack.com

tay updated on every time we have a new Post. You will find the e-mail sign up on the sidebar on your right.




The e-mail sign up is a service provided by Google and Feed Burner.
Come back to us by remembering this web-address www.HolidaySpecialtiesBlog.com or Bookmark this page.

The Strasburg Railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum Images are Trademarks of the Strasburg Railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment