Welcome To All Our Favorite Holidays

You Have come to the right place to read great stories and see terrific video of all your favorite holidays!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life Is What Happens When You Are Busy Making Other Plans!

 
 
 
Our family said she came in and out of our lite like a butterfly. Strong willed but free spirited. Letting the grass grow under her feet was not on her agenda. Fiery but loving. For many years we referred to Kathy as Tigger. Yes, you guessed it that lovable flamboyant character of the Winnie the Pooh fame. Remember, “THAT’S T I double Gu Rrr TIGGER!” There are so many different ways to describe this person my sister who was taken from us way too soon after being stricken with cancer. There are so many different stories about cancer and no one person can say they have heard them all.

This is the third time in my life I have lost someone so close to me to cancer. Yes, there were many others who I have cared for who have left us due to cancer. And yes I have lost others to old age and other diseases, but to date cancer tops the list now even beating heart disease. I have one friend who is living with cancer and is untreatable due to exposure to Asian Orange and I have another who is a breast cancer survivor.

With this impending Holiday Season it is important for all of us to reflect on those in our lives that have impacted us and take the time to think about how we can better protect ourselves, our families, and others from this devastating disease.

I have enjoyed in the past bringing Holiday Specialties to you. It was a hobby in the past to generate some interest in my other projects. At the point I became busy with those projects I lost time of this hobby blog so to speak. Here I am back by request of my sister Mary Kathleen Scott Lawler to recommit myself to this blog the one she liked the most. Last year I wrote about my father-in-law who we lost to cancer eight years ago. This year it is my sister Kathy. We are not helpless and Holiday Specialties can help. It can help by spreading the word and reminding people holidays are a time to reflect on the past with fond memories and those who have influence our future. Maybe this is why Kathy loved the whole idea of Holiday Specialties.
 

We as a family and Holiday Specialties will miss you Kathy, Kelli, Tigger!

 
Learn more about the American Cancer Society by Clicking Here!

 
Happy Birthday Kathy in Heaven and on earth.
Mary Kathleen Scott Lawler
September 25, 1949 to August 22, 2012

 


No comments:

Post a Comment